Sunday, May 20, 2012

Just you Dad




Sadly and suddenly about 7 years ago I lost my Dad due to a stroke and then followed by an aneurism.  I have scrapped only 3 layouts of my Dad and I struggle each and every time to do one.  I have got 2 put a slide I have tried to scrap but I get so stressed trying to put them together that I end up putting them away for another day.  My friend Tarrah put me to the challenge of giving this challenge a go along at Handmade by Suzannne.   Go and give it a go..... here is the link.  Below is the gorgeous sketch that was our inspiration designed by Nadia Cannizzo.  

I fell in love with the sketch and this is my take on it.
I must say I nearly gave up on putting it together as once again I was stressing something shocking as it was a layout of my Dad, but after putting it aside for about 30 minutes this time and not months on end I completed it and I am pretty stocked that I finished it.  Now I can sit proud and look at it.  My Dad here was a young and very good looking 23 years old.






The products I have used in this layout are:

Imaginary Chippy - Just you
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Pear
7 Gypsies Journal Tags
Scrapware - Doily
Kaiser Craft - Sweet Nothings Ppaer
Jenni Bowlin Bingo card Park - A Boys Life
Echo Park - This n That tag - Dad
Graphic 45 ABC Prima
Graphic 45 Old Curiosity Shoppe
Kaiser Kraft "25 December"
Ruby Rocket Flower
Prima Bling Button 
Doily
Prima bling button
Delish Washi tape - with birds on wire


Well I am already in my nighty are ready to get comfy on my couch for the evening.  Nice and chilly here at the moment so I think we might be in for a cool night.  Off to do some blogging x
Luv Moonie xx


3 comments:

  1. Ahhh Lisa, it's gorgeous! Love your take on Nadia's beautiful sketch. Thanks for playing along this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just lovely Lisa, a touching layout !

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful tribute, such a gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete