Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm Hooked :-)

Well it has been so long since I have blogged.  I have a new iMac and having the time to learn to do all what I am so used to doing on my laptop... well it takes time.  So I have really been avoiding blogging and posting stuff up elsewhere except FB of course... as I  have worked that out to be easy.
I have been working lots since I started and I am loving my job like you wouldn't believe.  I feel so so blessed to be working amongst my passion and lovely people.  There are some great girls there which makes the day enjoyable.
We had 2 weeks at the beach in our caravan.  I promised myself that by the end of the two weeks I would be able to crochet a square.... I spent 10 nights and at least 2 hours a night which included a few throws of the crochet hook... blood, sweat and tears.. and not to mention a few indecent words thrown in there at myself.. but LOOK... I got there... hehehehhehehehehe
I am pretty happy with myself as I have always wanted to learn how to crochet and it has been one of my goals for the past 12 months to learn to do. These are the colours of the blanket I am doing for Corey and Daddy.... I will back it with a blending colour.  My hubby can't believe it has taken me 2 weeks to do this... I smashed him ( giggle)
So the race is on... to get this finished as I have two other requests to make Granny Square Blankets.  By the time I am ready to make mine.. I will hopefully know all the right stitches and patterns to make a really unique one for myself.



If you are wanting to give it a go.... this is the most amazing beautiful book you should buy.  We sell them at Spotlight.  I will be a very happy old lady I am thinking with all the craft I love to do.


So the race is on... to get this finished as I have two other requests to make Granny Square Blankets.  By the time I am ready to make mine.. I will hopefully know all the right stitches and patterns to make a really unique one for myself.
Off to post a couple of layouts and cards I have done lately 
Moonie x


3 comments:

  1. you are amazing to have taught yourself - well done & i look forward to seeing some fancy granny squares from that book xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crochet! I have been making a blanket for the last couple of years...one way to keep you nice and warm hee hee!
    I'm glad your loving your new job babe. I wish I could find a job that it was my passion
    D xxc

    ReplyDelete